Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Storm 9500

How do I turn "ringer off" back on

I cannot hear my phone ring - I see "ringer off" on the screen when I have a call coming in but cannot find how to turn it back on. Very frustrating missing most of my calls. Can anyone help. Thankx in advance.
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: How do I turn "ringer off" back on

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

If you have the storm, you can either push the bell in the upper left corner or go to the main screen and click the bell "Sounds" - when you press on it, it willl then give you a choice to changed to normal medium loud, etc.   

EnjSmiley Happyy your BlackBerry! 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Take out your battery, put it back in, and restart your phone. Fixed mine.

My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the exact same problem!  I see one answer is to re-set your battery.  I did and it worked, but why is the answer to everything "reset your battery".  Is the quality that poor that a re-boot is required every time something unusual happens? Very frustrating.  I've had nothing but problems with this model (9930).  Never had issues the 9700.  Has quality control gone out the window?