Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

How do I turn the ringer on?

I just got my blackberry and I don't even know how to program it to ring?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: How do I turn the ringer on?

From the main screen go into Profiles, scroll to the bottom of the list that appears and choose Advanced. Click on the "Active" one. Select the Phone category. In the Out of Holster you can set it to Tone or Vibrate & Tone and pick your ringtone. The same settings are at the bottom, but they are for when the BlackBerry is in it's holster.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

What BlackBerry do you have.  You go into profiles (its an icon on your screen)  When you open it you will see the various ways to have your ringer.  Hope this helps
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Don't forget to setup ALL your profiles!

FYI

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

I have the same problem.  Blackberry Curve 9300.  There is no Profiles under all.  Rather there is a (Normal)  "Sound and Alert Profiles"  And when I click on that there is no "Advanced" at the bottom.  I don't use a holster so need to know how to turn the ringer on without the holster.   If anyone can give an easy straight forward response, I would be very appreciative.  Thank you.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

Somewhere on the main screen will be a loudspeaker icon, top left maybe. Click on it and scoll down to Edit Profiles. Click on say Loud and enter the details.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Hello and thank you for your speedy response.  The Loudspeaker you wrote of is in the upper left hand corner.  I can make the adjustment to Loud and the ring comes out feeble and muffled.  The only Profile Icon under "ALL" t is labeled "(Normal)  Sound and Alert Profiles".   That is the only thing on my screen that has anything to do with "Profiles".   When I call my curve from my Torch, the Curve shows the incoming call.  At the bottom of the screen, there is a musical sign and "Ringer Off".  My wife seems to think all was fine before I upgraded the phones software.  I have tried wiping the phone, no joy.  Is it possible that I can go back to a pervious version?

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: koodo

I have the same problem! Can't figure it out!

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: koodo

Pulled the battery and its now working, however, there is a super-long pause between rings.