01-13-2013 10:52 AM
I want to update my bb system but i dont know how? i also dont want to do it from my laptop to my phone, how would i do it? i really need to update it as fast as possible!!!!!!!!!xxx
01-13-2013 11:49 AM
01-13-2013 02:21 PM
01-13-2013 02:24 PM
01-13-2013 02:40 PM
OK. You'll have to install BlackBerry Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com/desktop
Once installed, connect your BB device and Desktop Software should prompt you that an upgrade is available.
If it doesn't you can follow these steps:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader