Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

How do I......?

How does one dowload the free games from the BB owners lounge?  I save them to my hard drive and go into  application loader, but it doesn't see or recognise the files.
@SillohZil on Twitter
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: How do I......?

Can you use your browser to go to the owner's lounge download section and download the games from there? If not check out this site. It has direct links to download games from your BlackBerry browser: http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-games/170-free-games-for-your-blackberry-88159/
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for that link will certainly have a look.  Would still like to download from bb lounge.
@SillohZil on Twitter
Elite I

So using the browser from the BlackBerry doesn't work?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Trusted Contributor

No, when I have saved to Laptop, the file is unrecognised.
@SillohZil on Twitter
Elite I

That's saving to your computer. I said using the actual Browser on the BlackBerry. Once you're in the browser, display your menu, and select Go To and type in the address to the webpage you want to go to. Once your on the download page most games have a Download button you can click on to install the game directly on the device (called Over the Air installation so you don't ever need to download the game to your computer)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
I cannot access the lounge from my BB browser, it comes up with an error every time.  I have tried typing in the web address, cutting and pasting etc etc.  thanks for your help, but I have to go do some work, will check back later see if there are any answers.
Message Edited by elizabethh on 09-11-2008 03:16 PM
@SillohZil on Twitter