Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

MKE
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: t-Mobile
Accepted Solution

How do i create an icon for my email accounts?

Hi - i use Internet mail services to get my work and personal email - so I have two email services setup.

On previous Blackberry's this created three icons - one for each of the services and one combined.

On the Torch, i have one for my personal email account, and one for combined. There is no seperate icon for my work email account.

Something i've done in the setup?

Anyonw know please if there is a way to create a seperate icon for my work email account?

Thanks!

MKE

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: How do i create an icon for my email accounts?

If your work is setup via BES or BESx then the icon is hidden by default.

You have two choices:-

1) within the main message box, go to Options - Inbox Management and untick your personal account which will stop the emails appearing in the main inbox

2) from the All pane, press the Menu key and select Show All - this will show the hidden Desktop icon - highlight this and select Unhide (if you want to you can now Hide the all-in-one inbox) and then press the menu key and untick Show All.

MKE
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: t-Mobile

Oh my word - how embarrasing - that simple.

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Dont worry, it took me some playing to work out how to get the Desktop icon to show as I cant stand all the twitter, BBM and Facebook notes in the all-in-one box but I do want them to appear in my notifications drop down list.