Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530, OS 5.0.0.328, VZW

How do i remove an archived app?

recently I uninstalled Quickpull cuz it doesnt work on the new 5 OS, but I notice it appears in My World as "Archeived". Why doe sit say this, does it mean its still stored on my device somewhere, and if so, can I remove it totally?

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Storm II 9550 O/S 5.0.0.607
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do i remove an archived app?

From your description, I will assume you downloaded Quick Pull from Black Barry App World.  When you uninstall an application that was downloaded from Black Barry App World it moves the application from application memory, and installs it on your microSD card. That way if you ever wanted to uses the application again you would not have to re-download it to your device.

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Visit the Steelthorn Website to learn how to use QuickPull on the 5.0 OS. QuickPullFAQ

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes it is archived and yes it is available to "re-install".  It is therefore on your MicroSD.  The QuickPull Beta referenced "supposedly" works with OS 5.0.0328.  Whether you want to full with the Beta is up to you.

If, however, you want to delete it, that is simple enough to do.

In Blackberry App World, My World, highlight the archived app (Quickpull in this case) click the menu key and chose "delete". The status will after you follow the steps change to "Uninstalled"

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

makelsey wrote:

I'm sorry. Try this link instead http://faq.steelthorn.com/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=26

that does not work for all 5.0's   Does not work on my 5.0   328