Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

How do you apply a Blackberry Software Upgrade on Mac OS X Tiger or Leopard ??

Bell has issued a notice that all my blackberry users upgrade their software but they are all using Mac OS 10.4.11 Tiger or Leopard.

I understand that Blackberry Desktop Manager is windows-only software and Bell business support was unable to accomodate us.  Anyone out there able to do this without windows-emulation software ?  Is there Mac OS X compatible software coming in the future ? I need to advise users currently how to apply this and for the future can we stay tied to this as a mobile solution with no native software support ? Please advise any feasible workarounds ?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: How do you apply a Blackberry Software Upgrade on Mac OS X Tiger or Leopard ??

I really wish RIM would come out with a real BlackBerry Desktop equivalent for Mac, but right now I don't think there's any way you can do upgrades directly from your Mac without using Windows via emulation or BootCamp. Unfortunately, RIM's only official word about this that I can find is that upgrades are not supported on Mac (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13963). I use VMware for this.

Not exactly convenient, but maybe your carrier would do the upgrade for you at one of their stores.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How do you apply a Blackberry Software Upgrade on Mac OS X Tiger or Leopard ??

There is no way to update the operating software on the BB from a Mac. You either need to install the BB Desktop Software on your Mac using a PC emulator or install it on a friend's PC and upgrade it from there.