Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

How do you "unshare" calendar with BBM Group?

Upgraded the software on my BB Torch 9800....after download installed, yes or no question came up to share calendar with BBM group.  choosing the "no" option did nothing.....could not by pass this pop up until I choose the "yes" option.....now I cannot "unshare" my bb calendar with the group.

I've tried deleting the calendar & then restoring it.....have deleted the group, but if I accept invite back into the group, my calendar gets shared automatically with the group....

Does anyone know how to fix this?.....I am not syncing with any other program...outlook, google, etc....this is just the bb calendar.....I just don't want to share my calendar!!

thanks

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: How do you "unshare" calendar with BBM Group?

my advice would be to create another calendar, and set that new calendar as the default one.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the response....leads me to the next question though....how do you create another bb calendar?....that is not an outlook, google or yahoo calendar....just a bb calendar?

thanks again

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

as far as I know, there are four kinds of calendars on a BlackBerry smartphone :
1) the calendar linked to a BES account
2) the calendar linked to a BIS email address
3) the calendar linked to a BBm group
4) the inner calendar that can be created in some unusual cases (synchronizing it to the computer prior to having any of the three other calendars set up ?)

so once one calendar is already present, you can either create a BBm group with only you in it, or you can add another email account to your BIS account, or install a BESx server.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: