Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do you sync emails from an exchangelabs email account?

I am trying to sync my school email with my BB Storm 9530. But Exchange labs email accounts, which are setup by managed by Microsoft, don't register with BB software due to them using Outlook. Does anyone know an easy way to get this setup? I would love to have my school emails on my hip when they come through. I am at a loss and don't know where to turn. If no one knows, do you think that Verizon could help? Let me know ASAP please. Thx for your responses.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How do you sync emails from an exchangelabs email account?

Hi and Welcome!

While I don't know from Exchange Labs, if that email is at all available to you via the internet (POP/SMTP, IMAP, OWA, etc.), then you should be able to configure for the Storm. You will want to have your desktop application (Outlook, etc.) accessible so that you can find the right settings. See these procedures for how to do so...

POP/IMAP -- http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&slic...

OWA --  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03133&sliceId=2&docTy...

If your email isn't accessible from the Internet, then the only thing to do is to talk to the internal folks about how to get it going (with BES most likely). Hope that gets you going at least in the right direction!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Oh and another thought -- since this isn't technically a Storm-specific question, you might have better luck over in the BIS and/or BES forums since those are specifically for general BB integration with email systems.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Here is a little more information. I can access my emails over the net. However, exchangelabs only recognizes windows mobile through my school. Other software, i.e. BB OS, are harder to setup. And, what is the BB Internet Service and how do I log into it? I feel stupid asking that one. I do have a BB email account. My carrier is VZW. I deleted my previous setup for this account and tried doing it again. But it still doesn't recognize the actual email account. Should I see if anyone at school can help me with it?
Hall of Famer III

The @BB email account is irrelevant to using BIS. To most easily (IMHO) use BIS, you first must, on the BB, create an ID/Password...go to Settings > Email Setup and there should be a prompt to create an ID/Password (not the @BB stuff)...sadly, I can't see the same screens as you since I already have done this step. Next, goto the VZW BIS website (on a PC) and log in -- it's https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw -- and use the ID/Password you created on the Storm) to log in. Then, use the links I sent you above to set up your email for the Storm. After you do this on the website, an icon will be pushed to your Storm that will be for that email account.

New Contributor

Ok. I did that. But it has done the same thing. It accepts my email account as a vaild account everytime. I even talked with verizon and they said it sounds like the schools email account needs more info to allow it to access the email system. I do appreciate the help. I will try with the school and see if they need to do something for me.