Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to Change PST file in Syncing?

Hi

I have several Outlook 2007 PST files which I use for different reasons.
Previous versions of the BB Desktop Manager allowed me to determine which Outlook PST file I want to use.

The current Destop Manager - and I believe several before as well - don't seem to give you an option to switch PST files.

I am clicking ORGANZINER > CONTACTS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > FOLDERS and the only options I get are in the same PST folder.

Am i perhaps missing something that the file was defined elsewhere, or is there a workaround to do it.

I keep my Outlook PST files in a folder in MyDocuments - since I use this for simplified offline backups.

I even moved an older version that was in the AppData Outllook folder to a newly created folder folder in the AppData folder to see if it would tell me "can't find file -- please choose new file"
 but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i havent been able to sync my torch since I had it because of this; The old software foe my Bold let me choose the file.

Thanks all for your help

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How to Change PST file in Syncing?

Hi ETinIL,

After adding your PST file to your Outlook profile, it will appear in the folder settings when setting up the synchronization.  If you have the PST setup using a different Outlook profile, you will need to first change the profile in the BlackBerry Desktop Software, by going to Organizer>Contacts>Account Settings>Configure.

If you need assistance adding your PST file to Outlook, please go to http://support.microsoft.com and search for "adding a PST file to Outlook 2007".

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!