Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

How to Change a Calendar

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have not been able to sync my bb with my outlook calendar for a while now.  I've referred to several forums, fixes, reinstalled the desktop software, did the "MOVE" to put all calendars together, enabled NET 3.5, etc. 

I get error:

A program error occurred at line 131.in.\Error.cpp.

I give up

I have Windows 8 and Outlook 2003 (likely the problem).  I will be buying the new 10 when it's available and will likely update outlook at that time so I just want a short term solution. 

Question: Is there a way to move to a different calendar platform?  What othe calendars can I use and how do I change the default calendar in my device?  Ideally I would like to try the Windows 8 native calendar but will try anything.  I have not been able to find where to change it on my device and on the BB desktop software when I click configure next to calendar, "outlook" is the only option on the drop down box.

I am using a torch 9810 with 7.1.0 and BBDS 7.1 bundle 2108 plus I have a PB (with a native calendar that is not being used)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to Change a Calendar

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

funcourt wrote:

A program error occurred at line 131.in.\Error.cpp.

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB32032 Recurring appointments of a specific pattern cause the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

funcourt wrote:

I have Windows 8 and Outlook 2003 (likely the problem).  I will be buying the new 10 when it's available and will likely update outlook at that time so I just want a short term solution. 

Windows 8 is tricky, here's what I've seen on it so far:

• KB32926 Support for BlackBerry Desktop Software on Microsoft Windows 8

There are also several threads on this site discussing it...perusing those might reveal some things to help you.

funcourt wrote:

Question: Is there a way to move to a different calendar platform?  What other calendars can I use and how do I change the default calendar in my device?

This KB documents the compatible desktop PIM apps:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Hopefully RIM will keep updating that KB as they add more things to it.

funcourt wrote:

I have not been able to find where to change it on my device and on the BB desktop software when I click configure next to calendar, "outlook" is the only option on the drop down box.

It will only offer those that it finds on your computer that it is compatible with, as per the above KB. There's nothing on your device to change, though you will likely want to do a "clean startover" with all of your data in your desktop PIM, then wiping out your BB data and starting clean with the new PIM. Here's a process:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to Change a Calendar

Well I'm afraid I will live without a calendar on my PC for a while.  I didn't mention that I've been trying only one way sync to my computer in an effort to avoid any conflicts with similar entries or reoccurance entries.  I tried changing the view and deleted every reccuring appt on my outlook and I still can't one way sync to my outlook via BBD. (Two-way doesn't work either).

I have also read the KB related to windows 8 and that didn't work either.  It seems there are no other calendar options for me that will sync.

I have previously uninstalled and reinstalled my desktop software and it didn't help.  At this point I'm not prepared to do a "clean start over" with this device.  My BB device won't even sync with my car's bluetooth anymore (that happened after one of the software updates).  This is taking up far too much time and it's becoming far too technical for me to fix...especially something that should be so simple.

Sigh... 

Thanks for trying.