Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: optus

How to Disable password BB9780

Hi, could someone assist in advising how to Disable Password on my BBBold 9780.

I cant Disable this feature as its locked, it has a small padlock i cant remove.

Any Suggestions Please.....

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to Disable password BB9780

If there is a small padlock adjacent to the space where  you would diable the password, then you have an IT Policy requirement on the device to require a password.

So, IT Policies are pushed to the BlackBerry when you are connected to an employer or coporate BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Service) account. Is your device connected to such?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: optus

Hello and thankyou for your response, Yes it is a company phone and conected to our corporate server.

Having the password lock is a pain in the Neck, and any assistance you can give to me removing it would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance....

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Just to shed some light on the comment made by JSanders, if you have a small padlock beside the disabling feature, it means that feature (the ability to disable the password) was disabled by your IT department.  If you're really nice to them and maybe buy them lunch, they can remove it.  Otherwise, you're stuck with the password.

I hope that clarifies things for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: bol 9780
My Carrier: tmobile

is there any possible way to remove this it lock i just bought 45 blackberry bolds and they are locked,  now these phones can not be unlocked and im not able to sell them can someone help please there have to be a way out of this

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

lomelli1 wrote:

is there any possible way to remove this it lock

You need to reset to factory state to remove the previously installed IT Policy.

• See the RIM Knowledge Base article here for information on how to remove an IT Policy. See the Method Three in the link: KB14202 How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone
  • Read this RIM Knowledge Base article to reset your device to the factory settings. KB18998 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: BIS

I set ma password and anytime it gett locked I have to type my password and I'm tired of it
Buh I cnt disable it
Ther is a lock symbol at wher the enable button is how do I disable it
I'm on a BIS