Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2-UK

How to NOT compress pictures when syncing?

[ Edited ]

Hi all, my first post here Smiley Happy

Ok, so i synced my recent wedding pictures onto my SD card in my new Torch last night, and they came out at the screen resolution, not the resolution i had put them in on my PC. So when i zoomed in, eugh Smiley Sad

I then found an Optimize button in the bottom right of Desktop Manager, which was glowing. I clicked it, which then greyed it out.

So I unticked the picture folder, synced, which then removed them. I hit sync again, this time WITHOUT the Optimize button on (hovwer over says this compresses them to save space) and they went back on...but compressed again.

I tweeted Blackberry Help, and they only said they are compressed in the sync process. Nothing about the Optimixe button, nor how to put them on in the original size.

Today, i plugged it into my laptop, selected USB Drive, to enable mass storage, in an attempt to put them directly onto the SD card. But i can only see the inbuilt memory, and the pictures folder is empty (as ive not saved any shots taken with the camera).

Any ideas? Ideally id like to sync with DTM, without any compression. Obviosuly plan b is putting them directly onto the SD card, if i can find a way to get into it!

Thanks in advance,

Dale