Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

How to NOT get support from a developer

Today a customer who purchased my app, CraigsFeed, for $4.99 in App World apparently had some technical issues with using the app. Now, a normal person would send a request from the support site we provided to our customers in the event they have questions or issues, in a POLITE way which would encourage us to quickly rectify their situation. Instead, this customer decided it would be good idea to make threats and treat us as if we are scum.

[QUOTE]Hello Glenn Vaughn,

Your ticket has been created with the following details:

Subject: Sub Category
Message: I purchased 6/8/2012 your CraigsFeed software that doesn't work properly!

I'm using Sprint Blackberry 9930.

Out of the 8 Category titles Personals, Community, Events, Housing, For Sale / Wanted, Jobs, Gigs and Services Offered only Personals has a Sub Category that actually works; therefore since just 1 out of your 8 Sub Categories works then request that you quickly fix this issue otherwise am going to contact my credit card company for a full refund then post on Blackberry.com that your program doesn't really work?
Date: June 8, 2012, 4:54 pm
Priority: Low
Department: CraigsFeed [/QUOTE]

First of all, don't "request to quickly fix the issue". Of course we're going to investigate any problems you're having and work on them as soon as possible. We don't need to be TOLD to.

Second, what kind of motivation is there to help you when you are basically telling us that you're going to file a fraudulent claim with your credit card company in order to steal back $4.99?

Third, don't threaten us with leaving a review. This is just childish.

The $2.50 I am going to profit from your purchase doesn't entitle you to talk to me like that. As a matter of fact, $250 wouldn't either. None of this is going to make a developer want to work with you or on your issue. Here's a better way to have written this:

"Hello- I purchased your CraigsFeed app on 6/8 for my 9930 on Sprint. I seem to have an issue loading sub-categories. I've tried all 8 categories and only 1 is working. What I've tried is, exiting and re-opening the app, rebooting my phone and reinstalling the app. None of these have worked so far. Can you please help me figure out what the issue might be? Thanks in advance."

So people, in the future, if you have an issue with an app you purchased, just be polite. Problems will get solved. I think 99% of app developers would be eager to help you resolve anything you needed. This is, of course, our livelihood.

As a side note, I've decided not to help this customer. He has replied to me several times threatening to do a chargeback and attempt to smear my name all over the internet, so I see no reason to offer help. I've investigated his issue and am unable to replicate it, anyway.