Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to Reset App World Password

[ Edited ]

BB 9650 with OS 5.0.0.975 (latest available at verizon).

I have not found any phone support for this issue.

Although it states the account login is "locked" for 2 hours, it seems to me it's more like 3 hours in reality. Possibly the "2 hours" lock out duration reset with every attempt and, therefore, the lock out could continue into perpetuity. It clearly is not 2 hours from when the account was first locked. What a maddening situation.

I believe that Password Reset [Security Question] is NOT cAsE sensitive. Would someone please confirm.

• Security Question:
    •  
      • Not CaSe Sensitive
      • It looks like you get 3 attempts and then are locked out for several hours - my experience is much more than the stated 2 hours.

Compared to other "secure sites" the password recovery on App World is not user friendly. A maddening situation if you cannot remember your password or security question.

At the very least, I would think you would get 10 attempts and there should be some mechanism to have them send you a "reset" password beyond what is currently available (that is answering the security question).

Thanks.

I am not sure if I caused this issue or a faulty App World. I noted in the "upgraded" App World the agreement box came up "Sample Terms and Conditions".

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I cannot reset my Blackberry ID password because I cannot remember the answer to my security question. I have tried some of the suggested methods and nothing is working. All I do is get locked out for 2 to 3 hours. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

marikka wrote:

I cannot reset my Blackberry ID password because I cannot remember the answer to my security question. I have tried some of the suggested methods and nothing is working. All I do is get locked out for 2 to 3 hours. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Hello marikka and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you are unable to answer your secret question to reset your account, you will have to delete it and re-create it.

You should have received a Welcome email from donotreply@blackberry.com. In that email is instructions to delete your account and start over.

Thanks and have a great day.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I deleted that email awhile ago. How else can I get the information to do this? Thanks!!!

Retired

If you no longer have the email you will have to use a different email address to sign up. 

The email account does not need to be associated to your BlackBerry - you just have to have access to it

Hope this helps.

-HMthePirate

New Contributor

What if I don't have another email? Do I need to get one to delete the other and then readd it?

Retired

When you register for BlackBerry ID the Welcome email confirms the account. If you can not receive that email your account can not be created.

You can create a free hosted BlackBerry email if you need another email account. Your mobile provider can assist you with creating this account.

Let me know how you make out.

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Axis

I also experience the same issue where I do not recall my password and the security question.
Please help, since this incident, I can not upgrade application through App World.
Thank you.
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

excuse for the private message but I solved the problem

thankksss.s.!!!!!!  ciaoo hellooooo Smiley Happy)))

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

[ Edited ]

My friend has the same problem. She can't remember her password or the answer to her secret question either.

Where does she need to go to delete her Blackberry World App account so she can create a new one?

She has access to her email.