Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: How to Reset App World Password

I posted this in the Trouble With Blackberry ID thread:  I'm having the same challenge of trying to reset my password.  I keep receiving "There was an error while updating your password.  Please try again." in red.  I really don't want to create another id.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Would I need to delete my account and start over?  Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Please help. Me I am having the reset password problems any suggestions
My Device: BB Bold 9700

This was driving me crazy for three days. After being locked out several times, knowing I was answering the security question correctly.. I knew something had to be done.

The thing that finally worked for me was to RESET the password from a computer and NOT from the blackberry itself. Try that. Hope it works. I can now download apps from the app world againSmiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Go to your original Blackberry ID email from donotreply@blackberry.com and click on the "Delete ID" link.

Confirm the deletion of your BB ID account.

Now, go to http://us.blackberry.com/id/ and simply create a new BB ID using the same email address you originally used, with a new password and secrety question.

WRITE DOWN some place safe, your password and security question answer.

I wont promise that this will work for everyone, and you do do this at your own risk, but taking several different replies from various threads, I have put the above together and it DID WORK FOR ME. I hope it does for you as well.

For those that have AT&T (and possibly for the other major carriers as well), I just received this response from Blackberry support at help@blackberry.net :

In response to you previous message, yes you would have to purchase tech support in order to resolve the issue that you are currently having with BlackBerry App. I do understand that you have a BlackBerry device, however you purchased it from AT&T so AT&T has all rights and responsibility to that device. We have what we call our "Incident Based Support" which will allow you to speak to someone over the phone to troubleshoot your issue for $49.00. If you would like to go though your carrier ( AT&T) they have a tech support contract with BlackBerry which will allow you to get support free of charge. All you would need to do is call your your Carrier and ask them to transfer you to BlackBerry (1-877-255-2377 ) and provide their "Carrier code." I do apologize for any inconvenience. I hope that this email help you to understand BlackBerry process and procedure. 

Sincerely,

XXXXX (dont want to get anyone in trouble for this FREE service)

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm looking into this for my boss... He submitted the forgot password form but didn't receive the reset password e-mail.  Any idea or solutions?

Thanks!

My Device: 9800 quad band
My Carrier: digitel

I also have a problem to reset my password and going trough all the new resetting, is almost not recognize my security question answer when this is... impossible.

Please assist thanks

My Device: BB 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I HAVE THE ISSUE, AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND AN ANSWER TO IT, IT IS LIKE A CATCH 22, I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY BB, AND THAT WIPED OUT EVERYTHING, SO NOW, I DO NOT HAVE MY OLD EMAIL, SO I CANNOT DELETE THE ACCOUNT AND RE-CREATE IT. IT SEEMS LIKE RIM DOES NOT WANT US TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BB APPLICATION WORLD AND NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING, IT IS FRUSTRATING AND MIND BOGGLING. PLEASE, HEEEEELPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Visitor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Movistar

How to reset App World password

Dear Sirs.

I remember neither my password nor the response to the secret question. I want to reset this account and then open a new one using the same e-mail address. I cannot download any application from APP WORLD.

I see too much people who are looking for assistance or some guidance in order to find an answer to this boring issue.

I want to recall that I do not remember my password nor my secret answer. I would like to reset my account and create a new one.
Your help is well appreciated.
@dannyandara

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

If you do not remember the answer to your secret question to reset your App World password, you will need to delete the account and start over.

To delete your account, there is a link in the Welcome email from donotreply@blackberry.com. Follow the steps in the email to complete this.

If you no longer have the Welcome email, you will need to create a brand new ID using a different email account. The email account does not need to be delivered to your BlackBerry, just an active account to receive the Welcome email.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: verizon

I am not able to login my blackberry appliaction world because I can not remember my password and security answer. i need help to reset password to login application world.

Patricia Gurley