Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

How to Stop trial apps from downloading to bold 9700?

I keep getting trial apps downloaded to my Bold 9700 and I can't make it stop. Does anyone know how? Thanks

PHONE: Bold 9700

Carrier: Rogers Inc. (Canada)

Applications  Installed: Poynt ( 1.5.4.12), QuickPull (4.0.2), Google Maps (3.2.1), Color ID (1.1.8), Gmail(2.0.7), Age of Empires 3(1.0.0), Rogers My Account (1.0.0.76), Facebook (1.7.0.22)

Memory Free Space: 104.1 MB

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Telus

Re: How to Stop trial apps from downloading to bold 9700?

zaron wrote:

I keep getting trial apps downloaded to my Bold 9700 and I can't make it stop. Does anyone know how? Thanks

PHONE: Bold 9700

Carrier: Rogers Inc. (Canada)

Applications  Installed: Poynt ( 1.5.4.12), QuickPull (4.0.2), Google Maps (3.2.1), Color ID (1.1.8), Gmail(2.0.7), Age of Empires 3(1.0.0), Rogers My Account (1.0.0.76), Facebook (1.7.0.22)

Memory Free Space: 104.1 MB

You can't they are pushed from your carrier, you can delete the service books but they will just come back.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

You can't they are pushed from your carrier, you can delete the service books but they will just come back.

Thanks, How do you delete the service books though? Cause I can't delete the trial apps now can I change the browser that downloads them.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

You are not being downloaded apps as such.  The are simply icons.  It is going to be an exercise in futility to remove them by going into Options>Advanced Options>Service Books and deleting the ones for these icons.

They will come back continually!  Nothing you do with the browser will have any bearing.   Your carrier pushes them to your device. 

There is a minuscule memory footprint for them.  Two options are easy enough:

Menu>Add Folder

Establish a folder for all the pushed icons named however you wish.  Mine is "Junk"

Move all the icons to the new folder.

Otherwise you can simply hide the icons.  You can combine both options:  Establish the folder move the icons to it and hide the folder.

Again deleting the icons via service book deletion will be an unending task.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!