Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

How to Turn off Emergency Call option when device is locked?

Is there a way to turn off the emergency call option when the device is locked?  Tonight my son got a hold of my phone and activated the emergency call option.  A minute later I get a call from the police department.  I don't want to have this thing in my pocket and have it go into emergency mode.    Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to Turn off Emergency Call option when device is locked?

I am looking for an answer to the same question.  I see you have had no replies since last March.  Did you ever find out how to turn it off?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please see these KBs:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12406

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13769

By law, RIM is required to include the emergency calling feature into all BB's. It cannot be defeated.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
erh
My Device: blackberry 8900
My Carrier: tmobile

Blackberry claim that this is a legal requirement. Well if you find the **bleep** that put that one in the books, have a look and see if he has shares or gets kickbacks from a call centre dealing with emergency calls.

What did we ever do without this function... guess what,.. We lived our lives without having to call the good folks in the emergency services. This feature is only useful if I have an accident and another person comes to my rescue and doesn't have a mobile, it does nothing for me!

I think you experts at RIM should run a survey to see the number of calls that have been made from blackberry that did not require any emergency service at all. I for one can tell you that I have dialed the service in inadvertently 100's of times in the past 7 years and not one of them was an emergency what a waste of time is that!!!

Please sort this one out.

Regards

A really annoyed user

Eoin