09-03-2013 03:14 PM
Hello ALL. I use a BB9650 with the following firmware version: version 6.0 Bundle 1741 (v184.108.40.2061, platform 220.127.116.115)
I saw the firmware version of my friend's BB9650, it showed: version 6.0 Bundle 3084 (v18.104.22.1689, platform 22.214.171.1240)
How can I upgrade my one to the above mentioned version? Whenever I press 'Check for updates' with my Desktop Manager, it says, my device is already having the latest update! Which isn't the truth.
What should I do?
09-03-2013 07:43 PM
It may well be the truth...each carrier controls the OS levels that they release to their customers. So, if your friend is on a different carrier, then that could completely explain the results you see. But, you are not limited to only your carriers OS packages...with the proper tricks, you can use any of them.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!