Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 1st

Re: How to Unhide a hidden folder

Well. You need to go to that gray folder that is hidden and than go to that folder's property and untick hide. steps when you see the gray folder press the bb menu key (gray folder must be highlighted/selected)go to propaties and untick hide
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Spring

[ Edited ]

Hi, Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem with my bb. When I show the hidden folders and go to the pictures folder, hit properties and the hidden option is grayed out.  Why is that? What can I do.  The funny thing is two days ago I wasn't able to view the pics, yesterday I was and now I'm no longer able to do so after a battery pull.  I've noticed of recent when I reset my phone it prompts for my blackberry ID as though I've put in a new sim.  Can this be causing this issue with me being unable to view my pics?

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

i'm having trouble viewing pictures taken on my curve 9360.

When i go into the media folder click on the pictures icon, it says I have no pictures.  But I have taken many pictures without deleting them.  

So to look for the files, i opened the media folder and clicked the bb button and chose "explore",  then chose "device", then "home".  Once inside this folder, everything is hidden.  So I clicked the bb button and chose "show hidden".  Now I can see the "user" folder.  Is this folder supposed to be hidden?  When I open the user folder, the camera and picture folders are there (unhidden, or not greyed out) and all my pictures are there!  Pictures I have taken with the camera are in the camera folder and pictures i have downloaded are in the pictures folder.  When I open the properties of the camera and picture folders, they are not hidden (the "hidden" box is not ticked).  

So why can I not view the pictures through the camera or pictures icons??  Why does it say I have no pictures?

I opened the properties for the "user" folder, and the "hidden" box is ticked.  However, it will not let me untick it.  I can highlight the box, but when I click the centre button, nothing happens.  

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance! 

My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: Vodacom

Okay I've the same problem except that my hidden folder doesn't show in gray transparent form. I've all options but still I can't seem to unhide my pictures
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: telkomsel

hey hw to unhide folder on blackberry 9810 folder name home i cannot unhide use property how to solved that promblem

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 1st

Okay people this is for a 8520 curve only then I don't know you settings to unhide folders
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: How to Unhidden a hidden folder

Hi maverick thanks for the valuable info.. However how can I unhidden a file on PC or even on bb

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: How to Unhidden a hidden folder

[ Edited ]

In my way, to un hide the files is via antivirus PC program, i use SMADAV that can download for free at http://www.smadav.net/
Just download it and then connect your blackberry to your PC and then scan with SMADAV...... Notice that only check the blackberry(ussually removable disk....) that will detect hidden files and then they unhide it for automatically...

Regards,
MC HARRIS PRIBADI

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: fones4u

I have tried this method. Unfortunately when i click the blackberry button from the menu/icon page, there is not a 'show all' option for me to select.

is anyone able to help?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

can you decribe the menu items you can see?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: