Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to Update Owner Information 8300?

hello All, I have an 8300 Curve which was previoulsy on an Enterprise Server.  After finshing employment it is now linked to my individual email account but no matter what I try I can't update the Owner Information which will display when the phone is locked down.   This is unfortunate as I think the Owner Info can be a good tool if the phone got lost or misplaced.   Any ideas???   I have tried removing all data, a hard boot and restore but this did not work.   Cheers
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: How to Update Owner Information 8300?

Should be as easy as going to Settings>Owner
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

New Contributor

I wish it was that easy.   I can get into Options - Owner information - but when I try and type into this field nothing happens - its as though the Enterprise Server is still locking me out even though it is no longer in use.   Still confused
Regular Contributor

www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/67224-remove-policy.html
New Contributor

thanks Frank.

Very useful indeed.   Not sure if I will risk it as my BB is finally working exactly as I like and the fear of stuffing that all up just to update the Owner Information is my dilema.   But I will certainly file the information and if I have a need to re-install anything then I will certainly use the info provided to clear the IT policy at that time.

Cheers

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Trust me, the link given by Frank works a treat with no problems.  I'm a Proefessional Services Manger for a mobile/Blackberry comapany and use this fix all the time when we get trial handsets back that have been locked to a server IT Policy.  If they locked the owner info, than you should use this link and I bet you find a lot more things were policied in the device because of the Policy.