Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to access Voice Mail / Messages without entering password

I don't know how many of you know this but you can do the following and your phone will automatically enter your password when you retrieve your voice messages.

1. Click on CALL button (green button)
2. Press BB button (Blackberry button)
3. Scroll and click on OPTIONS
4. Click on VOICE MAIL
5. Under "Password", enter two pauses by pressing BB button twice
6. Now type in your 4 digit password after the pauses.
7. It should look like PP1234 under "Password"

So now on, when you press and hold down 1, it will call your voicemail and will pause automatically and enters your password for you automatically.

If this info helped, please click on my Kudos. Thanks.
Regular Contributor

Re: How to access Voice Mail / Messages without entering password

I cannot get the Pauses

When I push BB button twice it takes me back to "options"

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Rather than pushing the BB key twice, push it once and select "Add Pause".

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor

thats what i was planning on being able to do as well.  i dont know if mines different or if im just not following.  ive done this on other phones

Options>voice mail

Phone number: ########

Password:

when im at this screen and under the password heading and i push the bb button, my only options are paste, save, hide keyborad, switch app, and close

i also tried doing this under contacts and just changing my voice mail number to my phone number + pp + password but doesnt work when i hold one either

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh my that is odd! Mine shows:

Select

Clear Field

Call Voice Mail

Add Wait

Add Pause

Save

Hide Keyboard

Switch Application

Close

It may be that your carrier has overridden in your OS...but that would seem quite strange for them to do in this particular field. Try doing a batt-pull reboot and see if it's just the OS getting hosed due to memory leaks and such.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Had the same problem, so I went ahead and entered my password, then checked the BB button again and all the options were there.

Went back to the begining of the password and entered the pauses. All is well now.

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

I did all that and it worked until I tried calling my voice mail now all I get is beeping noises, like you know when you call someone and there busy, well that's the noise I get but where is says Access Number: #### it has my cell phone number.. Is it supposed to ?