Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: RDX71UW
My Carrier: ETISALAT UAE

How to activate my accounts on my blackberry curve 9360

Hi when I tried to activatemy emails on my new phone curve9360 >there was note : which says:to activate your enter pries account , enter details provided by your system administrator what this mean????

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to activate my accounts on my blackberry curve 9360

It means that your phone was previously used on BES, BlackBerry Enterprise Server. In order to get rid of it, you'll need to do a security wipe. From your homescreen, follow Options>Security>Security Wipe and follow the directions.

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: nothing

Hi!
I have same problem I want to activate other account but it always asks to enter info provided by system admin.
But I didn't get your reply I don't find any security option or icon in menu so that I can do security wipe .... Please help me by explaining these step properly Smiley Indifferent will be thankfull for you
Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Hello dashtashna!!!

If your BlackBery was associated to an Enterprise account, you have 3 ways to get rid  of the enterprise  IT policies that your  device might have.

First one: Deleting  the Desktop Service books  from your device

Go to the home screen of your device

Click Options

Go to Device>Advanced system settings> Service books.

ONce in Service books window  look for:

Desktop  CMIME and Desktop CICAL/ and  delete them  . 9Those are the service books for enterprise).

Second: Try a security Wipe  on your bb, but  before trying this you have to do a back up.

The best way to try a back up is  connecting your device to the computer and  using Desktop Software.

To do the wipe:

Go to Options> Security >  Security Wipe.

Select the info  that you can wipe out> you can just select the one for emails.

Enter the word blackberry

Select the wipe button...

Third one:

Open BlackBerry desktop software

Connect the device  to your computer.
Once its detected  go to  the question mark on the open right hand

Click on support resources

Go to support tools >  look for Reset to factory settings  and  click on the reset button..

NOTE:  that will  delete all information on your bb so do a back up first and that will also get rid of the IT policies that your device might have...

Good luck !!!

New Contributor

Hi
I have done security wipe but it is still not allowing me to ativate my email account in this phone. Again asking to give activation password and accountt provided by sys admin for enterprise account. I want to get rid of this enterprise want to set my own.

I also don't have any desktop service book which I should delete. Pleas help what else can I do to get rid of it and activate my emailing account on this device. Smiley Indifferent
Contributor

that's  either because you still have an IT policy  created or   that  its a  company  phone....

To remove the it policy try the reset t factory settings with desktop Software becuase when you wipe it it does not remove the it policies .. Smiley Happy

Regards,

New Contributor

Ok i will do it. But please first can you tell me what is that desktop softtware i dont know what is it Smiley Indifferent

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

dashtashna wrote:

Ok i will do it. But please first can you tell me what is that desktop softtware i dont know what is it Smiley Indifferent

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Sure  Desktop  Software is the application  where you can back up, restore  and  sync your  blackberry  device data.