Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to add input Language?

Hi!

How can I add LATVIAN  input language? I can see LATVIAN letters in messages, addresses, program menus (MiniOpera) and WWW sites. Unfortunately I could not find a way to enter any LATVIAN letter. Have anybody tried to modify SYSTEM symbols?

InsekC, BB 8820, v4.5

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: How to add input Language?

Hi and welcome to the forums,

here is a link of Blackberry software sites around the world.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

If you can find your device operating system at one the sites you can get a multilingual version.

I do not know which one might have it in latvian.

If you do get it, you can use the application loader in the desktop software to load the latvian language app

to your phone.

Thanks

If you need more information, please ask! 

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudosstar. 

Just check the post that had your answer! 

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Unfortunately NONE of the "multilaguage" softwares(till the latest v4.5) include LATVIAN ( as well a lot of European languages: Sweedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Chech, Polish, Lithuanian, Estonian, Hungatian and many others, but do include Spanish dialects - Basque, Catalan). RIM helpdesk sends me to the Service Provider, but Latvian Provider sells BB with English and Russian languages and sends me to the RIM helpdesk.

Therefore I have a question to the smart people, if anybody have played with BB software to edit language files manually or how to change symbol characters.

Regards,

InsekC, BB 8820 v4.5

Guru I

[ Edited ]

"Therefore I have a question to the smart people," if anybody have played with BB software to edit language files manually or how to change symbol characters.

Apparently you don't have manners in Latvian or Engish. That comment showed a real lack of class.

You might want to look for an etiquette app to load first.

Good luck finding help.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-28-2008 05:55 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-28-2008 06:01 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals! 

May be my English is not so good, I used "smart" in a meaning "inventive", and I suppose this Forum is used also by inventive people with better IT knowledge than me.

If your Latvian is better than my English, we could communicate further in Latvian. 

Best regards, 

InsekC

Guru I

HI,

Now that you have explained, I apologize. I misread your statement as a comment on my efforts to help you.

Please let me know if I can help you further.  In English....my Latvian leaves much to be desired Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply.

Sincerely,

Bifocals

Visitor

I also need to add LITHUANIAN language for input that's not supported in "multilingual" software and there's no support from local carrier (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads).

Has anybody got in touch with solution or workaround for multilingual text input? I need any way for printing Lithuanian letters in blackberry.

Are there any multilingual blackberry keyboard utilities available?

Any opensource projects that I could adapt to my requirements for Lithuanian letters input?

Changing standard character symbols in BB?

Creating custom ActionListeners that convert some combination of BB keys pressed to some letter (letter that is not supported in BB by default for input)

Virtual keyboards with required letters?

I'm pretty sure there are lots of you who had to overcome such a problem. How have you solved that? Maybe you've got some solution and there is no need "inventing a bicycle"?

Regards,

Tomas

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tele2

Hello, 

I recently found a work around - You can type lithuanian/latvian letters in autotext (e.g. c* = č).

A little bit inconvenient to type a space before these letters in order to have transformation and then delete that space (maybe someone knows how to enable autotext in a middle of word?), but in cases You really need tidy text - it can be tolerated.

Visitor
My Device: 9700 BOLD

Vytautai, can you write your email wich we can communicate about how  did you make lithuanian letters? o write to mine aidzas@gmail.com