Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Onyx

Re: How to change BB IMEI Code...

tthis is strange

with unlocked bb you can't register to your network..

have you tried register me?

options>advanced options>host routing table>hit menu and "register now

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Finally the mobile operator registered the IMEI.

Thanks

Hojat

Regular Contributor
My Device: Onyx

great to be a help

but which is the solution which helped you solved the problem?

so i can take note of it for future refrences n help Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

There are 2 solutions. First ask the Mobile operator to register the IMEI Code and second change the IMEI code in your mobile cell. There is a way to change the IMEI code and it is possible but I didn't try it; I negotiated with the operator and after 2 weeks they registered my BB IMEI code;

Good Luck

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9500 storm
My Carrier: rm799

hye all...want to ask,what is the meaning of the middle number in imei code??example 78245242.(02).323391.

some other bb user said,its refer to country made of.is that true??cause my bb storm use the imei just like that..and it got a really slow movement

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi, help too...

We had a blackbury curve that was faulty, but the bbm worked it was the keys.... Virgin changed it, they said for a new one.    The new one does not work.

I have done so many restarts, kept calling for the bbm to be registered .  I have established that blackberry to do not recognise the phone and the im number and pin. 

Virgin said it was because the system is done and still not working properly.

I am suppose to wait, it has been a week I have had about 20 hours on the phone to them, they each tell me to do the same thing, but nothing works.  They are now willing to end the contract, but not send a new phone, it is two months old and never yet worked properly.    If I go elsewhere I will have to pay much more.  

Help anyone.    Does Blackberry have any helpers.

New Contributor
My Device: 7520, 7100t, Pearl 8100, Bold 9650
My Carrier: T-Mobile

For the record... If you have 2 of the same BB devices... Device A : Died for seemingly no reason. Device B : Factory fresh and hasn't been programmed with IMEI or PIN... Taking Device A's IMEI and PIN and programming it into Device B's system...then parting out and destroying Device A's mobo, would technically be refurbishing...