Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Comcel

How to change/add a new language in my BB 8800

Ok, I have tried everything...

I found some information about this but I have not been able to install spanish in mmy BB.

Currently only language installed is ENGLISH, and I need to change it to SPANISH.. I have latest BB desktop manager bu tdo not see any option in application loader to add a new language pack.

I really appreciate any help ASAP.

Thanks

Juan

Resolution

To view the language packs installed on a BlackBerry smartphone, on the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click Opt ions > Advanced Options > Applications.

To install a language pack select and download the latest BlackBerry Device Software for your BlackBerry smartphone model from your wireless carrier from the list located here: Wireless Carrier List.

1. BlackBerry Desktop Manager is required for this process and it can also be downloaded from the link above by selecting your wireless carrier. The latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager is recommended.
  2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry Device Software for your BlackBerry smartphone model.
  3. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  4. Select Application Loader.
  5. Under Add/Remove applications, click Start.
  6. From the list, select your Input Language
  7. Click Next, and then Finish.