Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

How to change carrier

I brought a bb style 9670 sometime back I was using sprint as the carrier n now I shifted to India and I want to change the carrier available over here

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to change carrier

Sorry for the delay in replying to your concern.  Smiley Sad

First of all, you'll need to verify with your new carrier that your phone is compatible on their network (i.e. the technology they use, the bands the phone has been programmed to use, etc.)  Once it's been determined that the phone is compatible, you'll need to verify that the new carrier will accept phones on their network that have not been purchased originally from them.

Once these hurdles have been cleared, do an online search for "BlackBerry unlock codes" to unlock your device from the old carrier.  The service will cost you around $10 to perform.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to change carrier

Hi jiddadanish

Excuss us for the late responses !  as BillJ  explained all the details just to add a few ,In india you will get a lots of Service provider which can  provide you BIS services and it won't matter if you brought it from aborad  all you need is a SIM card from them on which they can activate BIS for you.But the Most Important is that the device should be Unlocked , so that Indian Carrier can add BIS on your account if not unlocked then try as suggested by BillJ .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.