Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Black Berry Bold 9000
My Carrier: O2

How to change password on BlackBerry Bold 9900 for gmail account;

Hi Guys

Thanks for reading this and hope someone can help me out , Now for the passed few days I have been getting warning messages to change my password on my gmail account .

I know how to change the password at the gmail end and the Live Mail on my lap Top but not sure about changing the password at the BB 9900 end .

As far as I remember I go to Set Up , Then click on Email Accountants , At this stage I get lost ? perhaps someone can give me a blow to blow account of what I need to do .

Thanks again

Sonar48

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: How to change password on BlackBerry Bold 9900 for gmail account;

- Go to Setup

- Choose Email Accounts

- Choose Internet Mail Account 

- Choose the email you are trying to access and you should have the settings in it.

*If this doesn't work at the moment, please try it later because it seems that we are currently having difficulties with the email servers right now.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Contributor

Thanks for the reply Ron yes when I go to Emails setting all I get is " Your device encountered a problem with this applications server "

I have also noticed that Google is no longer forwarding mail to the BB so I think maybe there doing maintenance or some thing it was working a few hours ago .

So I will wait and see what happens.Tthe BB own mail account works ok for mail in and out but nothing coming in from the Google end .

So looks like I will have to wait until Google is up and forwarding mail again .

Thanks again

Pete

Forums Veteran I

You're welcome. Please let us know later if the information resolves the issue to help other users as well.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I

Emails can now be accessed.

Ron

Contributor

Ok Ron the link seems to be working now and Google is forwarding mail again ok back to how to change the password on the gmail account , Ok I go into Setup , then I can see Email Accounts , I click on my gmail account and it gives me 6 options :-

Filters                      Delete                 Add Email

Help                         A cd                      Full Mennu

Edit

Which one do I click to change the password on the Gmail Account ?

Thanks very much for all your help as my IT skill is very limited ?

Cheers

Pete

Forums Veteran I

Highlight the Email then choose Edit. Then look for the Login Information and enter the password on the field provided.

Contributor

Ok Ron I have clicked Edit and am now in General Options :

Email Address

Email Address Name

Your Name

Signature

Then Login Information

User name

Password

(This is Blank ? )

Does the new Password go in here I wonder ?

Then under that you have show password

Then press save after you have changed password ,

Am I correct as at the moment its all working fine and what to be sure before I start playing around with the settings

Cheers

Pete 

Forums Veteran I

Yes that is correct

Contributor

Thanks very much for all your help Ron and I will reset the password in the next few days so I hope its all straight forward now .

Cheers

Pete