Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 5.0
My Carrier: Orange FR

How to change the memory card reader on curve 8520

Hi everybody,
I forgot to present myself, so I'm a polish student, I live Paris (informatics, networks, electronics) and I'm well skilled in computer fixing, phones fixing (blackberrys, iphones, and other phones), and I use to fix computers, or mobile phones at school This time the thing i got to fix this time is on my own blackberry curve 8520: I'm asking you for helping to change the memory card reader which one i damaged while I was changing the whole housing of my curve 8520: the memory card can no more be read (due to fatals errors), and i'm pretty sure that it's because of the fact that i forgot to take out the media card before changing the housing: i forced then a little bit cause i wasn't aware that there was a media card in: so i think i think that the soldering beetween the pcb and the memory card reader has been broken... Does someone know how to change the memory card reader? eBay | BlackBerry Curve 8520 Memory Card Reader Replacement UK The memory card works without any doubt Thx for your help and sorry for my low english lvl... hope i'll improve it soon

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: How to change the memory card reader on curve 8520

Have you tried inserting a different memory card? Or checking your 'device self test application'? If not, go to options>status>type T-E-S-T on your keyboard>select start. That's the best I can suggest before changing the card slot.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank u for your fast reply Smiley Tongue yeah i've tested another memory card which works without doubt, cause i formated it with my computer with differents file system, i mean with fat, and fat32, and any of the both worked... i've also tried the test you said me to do, and a message appears on the screen which says me to insert a "Ensure SD card is inserted and Mass storage is not enabled then retest", the media card has been detected as inserted, but i can't format it with my bberry, only with my computer or another phone...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

So based on my understanding, you want to format your sd card using your blackberry and without using any other file system like fat32. Right? Have you tried wiping your sd card? If not Go to options>security options> security wipe> check the tick box for memory card and uncheck email and applications >enter blackberry and wipe it.
Smiley Happy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

euh i just want to format it whatever the file format is Smiley Tongue I mean whatever the file format is I can't format my memory card and use it... i already tried to repair this one with my blackberry, and I just want it work, but it doesn't want Smiley Tongue I tried what you said me to do, but it didnt work and i got the message "Media card cannot be accessed due to fatal errors" so nearly the same than when i wanted to format it... that's why I think that the memory card slot could have been damaged, but i checked all the pins with my multimeter, all the connections with the pcb, so i'm not sure that it has in fact been damaged..