Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Re: How to contact support?? :S

I received my phone back and guess what? It's the same. I was told it was fixed but the first 3 phone calls all dropped back down so low it is inaudible.

I read in another thread that Blackberry says this is how the phone is made so others around the user are not disturbed. This can't possibly be true.

I read and re-read the operation manual, cober to cover, word for word and I do not see this mentioned anywhere.

Is this true?

Someone on this board must know how to fix this or hack this piece of garbage to fix this issue.

If I can't fix this, I cannot use my less than 3 month old Torch and I will be forced to have to buy a new phone. I can't get out of my contract due to this, Telus says its RIMs issue and not their services so the contract is valid.

This is crazy, I am so dissapointed I don't even have the words to describe this.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Oh, P.S.

I still have not got a reply from Blackberry on this issue.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2 UK

Hi

Good luck with this i had the same problem here in the uk. RIM dont want to know they send you to o2, who then send you back to RIM via a phone number. When you ring RIM on that the number o2 give you RIM tell you you must be transferred or pay a fee?? (phone is 6 weeks old), but then o2 tell you they dont and have never transferred customers to rim and so it goes on. I can not believe RIM do not repair or even help when there products play up or go wrong even when they are so new. Im very disappointed with RIM and would never buy or recommend a Blackberry they MAY be good phones but NO after care. NEVER AGAIN....     

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Wings69,

Call Telus directly now using *611 on your phone or the local number (if calling from a land line) and tell them what was done (or not done) and feel free to lay into them a bit. Remember to treat the customer service agent like you'd want to be treated (after all, they only work for the company), but make sure your exasperation is made ridiculously clear. And feel free to demand that something be done, not only to fix the phone, but also to help deal with the troubles you've already gone through. As an example, if you're paying for Caller ID, get them to throw it in for free. Or something similar.

Trust me, there are things they can do, especially if you approach it correctly. Good luck and keep us posted.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Hi Krypto,

I called Telus. I spoke to Accounts retention. They said there is nothing they can do, they said they do not make the phones, they only offer a service for the phones.

They said they will charge me $400 to cancel my phone contract PLUS $200 to cancel my data package which is conviently exactly what a new Torch costs.

I didn't ask for any free services for 2 reasons

1- I dont have a phone to use them on

2- Getting stuff free is not my intention, I just want a new phone that will last me my contract length.

I simply cannot afford to cancel my contract. Telus has been useless. The guy on the other end even got mad at me for complaining.

My wife and I tried explaining over and over what was wrong and he never got it. I asked for the call to be escalated, he told me to hold and as usual I was conviently disconnected. When I called back, they had no notes on the account so I had to start all over again with another agent. 40 minutes later, I was told it would be best to cancel my contract because they would not replace the phone and if they did, they would only consider replacing it with a refurbished Torch that carried no warranty. But even then, they came back to the phone after asking for that option and said, they could not do that.

I even consulted an attorney. I spoke to 3 different attorneys and all 3 said this would cost me tens of thousands of dollars to fight. All 3 recommended buying out my contract and leaving.

Here I am 3 months later and I am no further ahead than I was when this all started.

Good news is, I may have someone helping me from RIM.I was contacted by someone who claimed to work for RIM and they said they would pass my situation along and see what happens. I won't say much yet because after everything that's happened, all the broken promises, lies etc, I don't have any faith but if this individual does manage to help, I will definately post and explain. This is my last effort. If I get no response or this is just another run around, I will purchase my new phone from the competitor.

I have done my homework and I know for a fact if I had this kind of trouble with the competitors phone, I would have had a new one put in my hand by now.

The funny thing about all this, if RIM was to take the phone back and see it, I think they would agree it is a dud and I also don't understand what the big deal here is. I return a dud phone, get a brand new one and all is good. It's almost as if anyone I speak to thinks I am trying to get a brand new phone for an old beat up one. My phone isnt even 3 months old????

Oh well, I will wait to hear fro RIM. Who knows how long that will take but I will keep everyone posted.

Elite I

Best of luck, and I'm seriously sorry to hear you've had such a negative experience, both with your Torch, and with Telus. I'm honestly surprised with their response as they're usually more accommodating (or maybe I've just been lucky with my Telus dealer).

Good luck with the new communication line that's been opened with RIM. Hopefully you'll be able to get things sorted out in short order in the new year.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

3 days and STILL NO contact from RIM. HMMM, not good.

I sent my phone in again, it's useless anyway so this time hopefully they can figure out how to fix it.

I had no choice, the phone is useless without volume so it can stay there for months if need be.

The funny thing is, when I sent it in, they told me the exact same things they did when I sent it the first time. So I'm not holding my breath.

Elite I

Well, they likely won't contact you this week given that its a holiday week and many companies are working at bare minimum staffing levels. I'd expect to hear something sometime after Tuesday as that's typically the day where everything returns to normal.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I wanted to update everyone and update those who have had issues with contacting anyone from RIM.

Yesterday, Jan 4 2011, I was contacted by a rep from RIM in regards to my issue. Apparently RIM does in fact monitor their forums and they reached out to get the details about my experiences with Telus and the phone.

I was also told Telus failed badly on this issue, they should have escolated my concerns to RIM and if they had RIM would definately have spoken directly to me to resolve my issues. But Telus didn't and in fact did everything in their power to keep this from happening. I have no idea why, but I'm sure RIM will tell me as soon as they have an answer.

I was asked about the email from Telus and about the problems with my phone. The rep took more info from me and told me they would find my phone, get the repair update and get back to me. They plan to deal with the Telus issue and their horrible customer service as well.

Hopefully, this rep can help me. The rep was concerned that due to Telus not wanting to send my battery cover in, that issue will obviously not be fixed so hopefully they will make the arrangements to fix it.

The battery cover im my opinion is a huge issue. If it opens enough to allow dust and moisture in, my warranty will be voided even though I may not have done anything wrong. Hopefully, RIM will get this fixed for me.

If the Telus repair depot does in fact fix the volume issue, they still won't have fixed the obvious cosmetic problems. What concerns me the most about this is the Torch is a wicked looking phone when its new but Telus just told me "That stuff happens with Blackberry's" and I find it disturbing they would not tell me that prior to buying the phone so I could make an informed decision about purchasing a RIM product. I take very good care of all my possesions to the point of obsession and for Telus to tell me I abused it so they won't fix it, concerns me and insults me. The loose slider, the finish chipping off, the battery cover and the power / track pad loosening are all signs of defects NOT abuse.

Anyway, the good news is I have finally heard from RIM, I have a little more faith now that my Torch will be fixed or replaced by RIM. I can't see RIM allowing this behaviour to continue.

I believe what Telus said about staying away from RIMS products warrants RIM to pull their product from Telus. Will this happen? Probably not but hopefully RIM will show Telus the email sent to me and Telus will re evaluate their employees and their training and work towards creating a better customer service team and better customer service values.

I will keep everyone posted as soon as I hear from RIM. So far so good, hopefully this RIM rep iisn't blowing smoke and hopefully I will get answers and most importantly fix my Trch issues properly or provide a Torch that works and will last the length of my 3 year contract.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Good to hear you're finally making some headway.

Appreciate the updates and I know you'll keep us posted!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."