Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to delete black berry messenger...help please...os 6 bold 9700 pointless messenger

OHHHHHHHHH!!!  My bad!  You had mentioned App World & I thought you meant me.  Sorry.  Long day! 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: How to delete black berry messenger...help please...os 6 bold 9700 pointless messenger

Oh I see. So the only reason I was able to directly uninstall the version I already had, was because that version was itself an upgrade (via BB App World) from the original core OS version? Gotcha.

----------------------------------------------------
Q10 | Vodafone UK | London
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Except there is no "Install" option on BB Messenger through App World when it is already up to date.  The version on your phone must be a different version for pooka7896's fix to worlk. 

The delete through Options/Device/Application Managment worked like a champ though.  

Got rid of BB Maps too.

Contributor

Lmaris. If you read the original posters comment, you would see that his dilemma began when BB sent him an update which loaded RIM's core app of BBM, NOT BlackBerry World's. If you already have BBM installed through BBW then you go to Steps 9-12. The previous steps are for people that had some kind of update from BB or had to update through Desktop Manager when RIM would replace BBW's version w/ theirs, thereby making it a core application again which you wouldld not be able to delete through Application Management. I do not have a different version of anything. Please read the entire thread thoroughly. Thank you. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Pooka, apparently YOU weren't reading for comprehension, as I stated BB Messenger was deleted from my phone using the method I explained in my earlier post.

FYI, my version came with OS 6.0, not as an App World install, and I didn't update but wasn't able to use ANY part of your method.  There is no "delete" option using your method on my phone.

Maybe your method works on some carriers' versions of OS6.0 but not on mine.  So rather than condemn me for not reading entire thread, maybe you should follow your own advice.

Contributor

What in the world are you talking about??? You said "Except there is no "Install" option on BB Messenger through App World when it's already up to date" That meant that you ALREADY have App World's version of BBM, which is why you were able to use "The delete through Options/Device/Application Management worked like a champ though". Which BTW is what I said in Steps 9-12 here it is again to remind you:
9. Go to the Applications menu. (Options--->Applications)
10. Select Add-On from the drop down list
11. Select and click BlackBerry Messenger
12. Click Delete

You may already have the "ALL" displayed in the drop down list so you don't need Step 10. So your quote of "but I wasn't able to use ANY part of your method" is completely contradictory to your statement of "The delete through Options/Device/Application Management worked like a champ though", as that is what I said to do. NOW, I will say that yes, some phone carriers are different & so the EXACT path (ie. "Device") to get to "Application Management" may be different but I think most people can figure out how to get to "Application Management" on their phones as you are the only person that has stated otherwise & I have posted this method under numerous posts & not just here. However, the basic concept of how to get rid of BBM remains the same. The path to get to "Application Management" may not be EXACTLY the same path as your phone, but to dismiss the entire method b/c one part of the path on your phone is different makes no sense whatsoever. I believe most people have enough sense to say, "Wait. My Application Management is actually over here, not over there" & will adjust accordingly.

I never said that YOU did "update" anything, I said the previous steps were for OTHERS that DID have an update or had to sync through Desktop Management & it reinstalled RIM's version of BBM, which IS a Core App that can NOT be deleted from Application Management. The only way it can be delete is if you have BlackBerry World's version b/c it then replaces RIM's version as an "update" & becomes a "Third Party App", which you can delete.
Also, your statement of "There is no "delete" option using your method on my phone." contradicts w/ your previous statement of "The delete through Options/Device/Application Management worked like a champ though", as you DID delete it, therefore you had a delete option in Application Management to delete BBM.

Your original statement said none of what you commented on in your next post. The ONLY issue you said you had w/ my method was "Except there is no "Install" option on BB Messenger through App World when it's already up to date". That's it. Which I then in turn said that you must (FOR WHATEVER REASON) already have App World's version of BBM & can skip to 9-12. You never said anything about there being a "delete" issue you on your phone, nor did you say that the basic concept does work but your path to "Application Management" was different. Your statement of "The version of your phone must be a different version for pooka7896's fix to work." was lumped in w/ the "install option through App World", which led me to make the deduction that your issue was w/ the "install" option NOT the path to "Application Management". That is why my ENTIRE proceeding post was in regards to why the "install" would not be there & NOT to why the path would be different.

Also, you said, "FYI, my version came with OS 6.0, not as an App World install". OK. Let me say this again, if you were able to delete BBM through Application Management then it was NOT a Core Application b/c Core Applications can NOT be deleted, therefore IF your version already came w/ App World's version then yay for you. However, I find the fact that you said you went into App World & it said you already had the updated version of BBM, which means your phone already had App World's updated version & I really do not believe that RIM who developed OS 6.0 would put App World's version instead of theirs.
I was not condemning you. I was asking you to thoroughly read the thread, which again you did not, as you did not truly pay attention to anything I said in my response comment to you b/c your response did not in any way show that you did actually pay attention. I said that the original poster's dilemma started when HE had to have an update installed, which made BBM his Core App again. My entire method & responses are for those that have BBM as their Core App & can not delete it. You obviously did not have it as a Core App b/c once again if it were, it CAN NOT be deleted, which is why I said to skip to Steps 9-12. Had you at any point said, "my path to Application Management is different" than my responses to you would have been different, however you did not. Your original reference to "my version" being different was apart of the "install" of BBM through App World, which is what garnished my response that dealt ONLY w/ App World & NOT about the path to Application Management.

So, before you make snarky comments, make sure that you are clear in your statements & to what your exact issue is. The issue you presented was w/ the "install" NOT a path to App. Mgmt. BTW. I have v6.0.0.534 (Platform 6.6.0.200) through AT&T on BB Bold 9700, I also have the Vintage Theme V1.1 by Cocky Culture. Your OS 6.0 may be a different than what I have as there are several versions of OS 6.0. Simply stating that you have OS 6.0, doesn't really tell me much. Nor does not saying what your model of BB or who your carrier is. All of which could change what your exact path to Application Management might be. My point is this...you dismissed my entire solution b/c ONE thing ("Device") was missing from your phone's path. You did not clarify in any way that was your isssue. Many, many, many other people have managed to use my solution on various sites w/o making a single comment as to the path to Application Management being different. So they applied common sense & used my solution as a basic premise for how to solve their issue, not as the Holy Bible & must be followed to the letter to have the solution solved.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

This worked for me on my 9360 with OS 7. Thanks so much!
Contributor

You're welcome! I actually forgot all about this post. Wow, someone pushed my buttons...I was in a mood that day! LOL!
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

I thought it was great!
Now if you could just tell me how to permanently delete the bookmarked browser pages that I don't want but are fixed in the browser list and appear first...I'd think you are a genius!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok...try checking out this method....http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9000-f83/how-delete-browser-bookmarks-282924/ Good luck! That's not an issue I've ever really worried about, but I can see how it would be annoying. Be careful when deleting Service Book stuff though b/c it could make certain functions not work, also they sometimes come back after a hard reset. 

Thanks for thinking my little rant was great! LOL. Just reading it again after all this time at 6 am was pretty funny!