Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to disable flashing light from voice note recorder?

Have LED visual alerts OFF but red flashing light still on when recording a voice note... Any ideas? Also, does anyone know if a phone conversation can be recorded? Thanks
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to disable flashing light from voice note recorder?

I believe the red led flashes to let you know it's recording. When it's done recording does the led shut off?

No, you can't record a phone call but there may be 3rd party apps that will do that. You might look through BBWorld.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 - 9300/20 - Torch - Bold - Galaxy S4 mini and FRANK-EN-PHONE!!!
My Carrier: O2

Re: How to disable flashing light from voice note recorder?

Also, does anyone know if a phone conversation can be recorded? Thanks 

Anything's possible, it all depends on your motives, intentions and the required quality of the recording. It is however, not possible to digitally record a call via a USB connection and computer prgrm as this interface is a data transfer connection and not and audio feed. Nor can you record directly to the phone your using to place the call.

But that said, all audible sound is recordable, and recordings can be made to a third party device. You can simply use the speakerphone option on your phone and a recording device with a condenser mic to pick up the conversation. Using a device with bluetooth capability would then allow you to transfer it to your phone if that's what you needed.

"This message will self destruct in 30 seconds!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olny two tihgns mtater wehn cmospnoig a BBm mssaege.... as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, the biarn wlil siltl rcoeginse the wrod... So mcuh for seplclhcek!!!"