Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Really need Chinese support for my Torch...

Hello all

Did one of you guys try to go on Descktop Manager 4.0 under the Application you will see there it say info about the application and up on the small grey bar it say Version | Size | Status | Action, now under the action you have the option to uninstall and install languages and texting and other apps after install them you will have to reboot the BB T 9800 after the phone come back again after reboot go to Setup>Language.

There you will find all kind of languages or only the install ones chose you language then hit Update if you whanna use the language then the phone will reboot after rebooting try the messaging service or app to see if the language is set and is working.

If non of this one works then I'm really sorry to let you know but you guys have to wait till the new patch or update comes out.

All the best and regards,

(sorry for my spelling and I hope you guys understand what I was tiring to explain here. )

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9880
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: How to display Chinese on Torch?

I have just found the solution. It took me hours as my Torch couldn't display Chinese characters and fonts. 

1. Download the mutlianguage desktop software from ATT

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4

2. Connect your blackberry torch and click on "Application"

3. Language inputs will appear there and install Chinese, Korean, Japanese fonts

Note:

I am also disappointed with Blackberry/RIM as they have been very slow to respond to changes and updates.  Their support is not very good.

Take Action, Stop Global Warming
New Contributor
My Device: bold9700
My Carrier: celcom

I have downloaded few version and it doesn't work for me!!!!

Just no chinese font shown .... I tried deleted vendor file, use loader, all chinese fonts just appeared 0 byte, can't install it???

Where might go wrong?

New Contributor
My Device: torch

i install and run all the version posted  as your recomendation, it seem like not working at all, it only display chinese words interface for installing the OS, it still dun have chinese languge or chinese input for you select to installed.

Pls advised.

thanks

New Contributor
My Device: torch

[ Edited ]

Finally i get the solution.

Go to this url, it will guide u.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9800-series-discussion-torch/233215-os-9800-6-0-0-278-6-0-0-...

summary of the html page

1 Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Vista/Win7 users: In the apploader folder, simply click on "Compatibility files" to see the actual Vendor.xml file. Once you've got that - simply delete the vendor.xml file  there

3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

4. Once click, u can select chinese input ...or ..other language you want which not shown in the BlackBerry Desktop Software

This will be my 1st time and last time for me to use blackberry products. the support team of  the blackberry  is terrible!!! I cannot view chinese contents at all and no solution be provide by them untill i seach net for few hours and get the solution from  http://forums.crackberry.com and http://www.blackberryforums.com

My Device: 9800

thank you kokseong

With your help I did it successfully .Smiley Very Happy

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

are you kidding you don't support Chinese in your latest 'smart' phone? do you actually know China is the second largest economy and biggest in population? I would sue you for calling it 'smart phone' while it's such a 'dump' phone!!

What a disappointment after I made my worst decision in my life choosing Blackberry over iphone4. torch9800 is my first BB, and very likely the last if this is the way Blackberry board is handling their decisions. Let's not buy any Blackberry product ever.

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, I have tried to follow your instruction to install the Chinese language apps but for some reason, when I click loader, it did not give me the option to choose the languages. it only says "window media syn"...

Can you help please?

Thanks