Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone in

How to do we know the current mode of data path

Hi There,

I am not subscribed to any of data plans for blackberry, but i do have the 3g connection enabled.

As i have found that disabling data services disbles wifi data flow as well, i need to keep data services in 'ON'

mode even though i dont want to use the 3g data path but use only wifi data path.

is ther any way to do this...i.e to disable internet connectivity provided by the network provider and use only my wifi data path?

If not (that is really sad)

How can i know the data path..i have checked under service status ,,and it shows both wifi and the Mobile carrier as well...

i guess you are going to tell me that the phone is going to use the wifi connectivity and then prefer the Mobile carrier data connectivity. Is there a way to ascertain this?? because i dont want to leave it for chance and see a huge bill at the end of the month.

Thanks and regards,

Fayaz

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to do we know the current mode of data path

fayazsheriff wrote:

i guess you are going to tell me that the phone is going to use the wifi connectivity and then prefer the Mobile carrier data connectivity. Is there a way to ascertain this?? because i dont want to leave it for chance and see a huge bill at the end of the month.

Hi fayazsheriff

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You are correct but still if you want to ascertain that , then On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection :

Mobile Network = Off 

Data Services = ON 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone in

Hey Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

ok, but then in this mode  i wouldnt be able to get calls right?

Regards,

Fayaz

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi fayazheriff

Yes on this Mode you won't be able to use any Call level services, but it assure you that you are not connected to Mobile Network.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.