Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

How to downgrade the OS version from 7 to 6

Hey guys,

In a bit confusion about downgrading the OS, am unable to find how to downgrade the OS version of 9810 to OS 6, OS 7 I am unhappy with and I wish to downgrade, pls help

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to downgrade the OS version from 7 to 6

You cannot downgrade a phone to an OS version older than the one with which it shipped.  The Torch 9810 ships with OS 7 so that's the one you'll have to stick with.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: torch
My Carrier: telus

This is a bad answer. I just got a new torch with OS 7 and it is the worst piece of electronics I have ever bought.

No Joke - I have never had such a bad experience with anything.

In a nutshell:

- The blackberry hangs almost 50% of the time. I start looking at google maps, and it will hang (I get the little clock images) for sometimes as long as 1.5 minutes.

- When the blackberry hangs, it keeps a record of every button I push while it is hung. So, when it comes back, it runs through all the buttons that have been pushed. This sometimes results in unwanted e-mails/texts being sent with giberish since I pressed every button on the device.

- When it hangs, I have ZERO that I can do. I can't click back, I can't click power....nothing, it's a useless paperweight.

This is incredible, it happens all the time and I hate it - I have never found a piece of technology so useless before in my life.

If I can't downgrade, then it is even WORSE then I orginginally thought.

Elite II

OS 7 phones are among the best I've ever seen, so you are obviously having an issue which we'll try to resolve.  After all, you should be able to enjoy the phone the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Constant lagging is a sign of heavy demands on your RAM memory, often causing memory leaks which slow down your phone.  Every phone will encounter this eventually, so it's not unique to BlackBerry devices.  To correct this, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  I recommend doing this a couple of times per week.

I hope that helps you.  Please post back if this does not correct your issue.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: 1234

Replacing the battery 3 times a week? You shouldnt have to do this with a decent phone.

If it was memory leak, I think removing the 3rd party app that causes it is the way to go. 

Elite II

Removing a third-party app that causes memory leaks is a good idea but then you don't have the app. I still say go with the battery pulls. If you install an app such as QuickPull, you don't even have to take the battery out.

I hope that helps. Smiley Happy

My Device: nike
My Carrier: tuertyui

This is incredible, it happens all the time and I hate it - I have never found a piece of technology so useless before in my life.