Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

How to get my Tour 9630 with TELUS to add the prefix 1 when dialing outside my area code?

I am in the 514 area code, when I dial a long distance number (example: 416 area code), a 1 is not automatically added.

I tried different smart dialing options along with everything the technical support guys at Telus said with no luck.

When I call someone in another city using the phone number included in their email signature, it would be nice to dial direct not have to copy and paste the number to the dialing screen and then add the 1 manually. When I try dialing direct, the phone does not add the 1 for long distance area codes and I get an automated message saying I must dial 1 followed by the area code and number.

Additionally, when I tried to copy and paste a number into the dialing screen from an email signature where the person put  their area code in parentheses ex: (416) 555-1234 it would not paste the number. So I was stuck copying the number onto a paper then adding the 1 and dialing it manually.

How can I get the phone to automatically add the 1 for numbers not in the 514 area code???

My Device: Tour 9630 + Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: How to get my Tour 9630 with TELUS to add the prefix 1 when dialing outside my area code?

Have you tried the settings under Phone Options > Smart Dialing

You can set your area code to 514, and then "Use "1" for National Dialing - YES" then hit "SAVE" in the menu.  Let us know if this fixed it.