Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: WIND

How to get rid of advertising at bottom of screen when BBM'ing

Hi everyone...I'm new to having a BB so this could be a basic question.

Whenever I am creating/respond to a bbm-I get a popup advertising window at the bottom of the BBM screen (eg. Status Shuffler)-problem is it is so close to the bbm text window that you hit it in error and then it pops up the web browser with information for the app.

I've tried going through all of the settings but can't figure out how to get rid of this ? anyone else have the same problem or know the fix to get rid of it ?

cheers...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: How to get rid of advertising at bottom of screen when BBM'ing

Hello May_May

Welcome to the Community

I think you are using an app that provides a theme for your BBM. Deleting that certain app will definitely resolve your issue. Please let us know if it does.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: WIND

I changed the theme/reset to original settings and its still there ?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Sorry but I'm not referring to your phone's theme but an app that gives your BBM a theme. that has to be deleted to get rid of the ads.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter