Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

How to get rid of (and prevent) duplicate calendar events when syncing v. 1.0.3 build 19

I have an 8530 Curve and just downloaded the new v. 1.0.3 build 19 DM, in hopes that it had eliminated the syncing problems with build 16. I use Mac Snow Leopard os, and have Entourage and iCal/Address synced on my laptop. I set DM to sync with all calendars, adding new events from the BlackBerry to the Entourage calendar.

Each time I sync, calendar events in all 3 places (Entourage, iCal, BB) get duplicated. How do I stop that?  BTW, my configuration for the first sync was set to merge data.

Sigh, my old Palm Zire never had this problem....

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: How to get rid of (and prevent) duplicate calendar events when syncing v. 1.0.3 build 19

This is crazy. I tried syncing the calendar with Entourage only, to see if it made a difference. I got calendar events duplicated as much as 7 or 8 times on both Entourage and the BlackBerry. Make it stop!   Please....?

After I manually return, once again, to just one calendar event by deleting all the extraneous ones, how can I keep this multiplication of events from happening with each sync?  It's like all the old syncs are still stuck in there and get added to the calendars.  Please help.Woman Mad

Thanks.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: How to get rid of (and prevent) duplicate calendar events when syncing v. 1.0.3 build 19

This is driving me crazy. i was syncing with Mac DM and iCal and had no problems until I downloaded the update. Now, I have multiple duplicate events, even some being created where the calendar event is called "New Event" but has the calendar event informatio for the adjacent information. I get duplicates on my Bold 9700 even when I sync and wipe the BB.

Please help, I rely on my calendar and it is now a complete mess.

Any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

This is DEFINATELY an issue with the latest update.  Mine worked fine until the update.  About to see if Time Machine can fix this, then I'll avoid updating again!

Highlighted
Contributor

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a step-by-step guide to uninstalling this version (where do I find the DMG file?) and retrieving v. 1.0.2 from Time Machine, which I should still have in my back-ups.

I hesitate to sync my BB with my laptop now because I don't want to spend half an hour on each deleting the multiple events.

Thanks.