Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9810
My Carrier: Videotron

How to have my BB be repaired under warranty in Canada, Montreal area?

I'm loosing the signal and my Torch 9810 cphone ommunications going to sos (see a similar message sent recently). Phone was dropped on the floor which could have cause a damage to the integrated antenna. It was bought second hand 4 monyhs ago so phone warranty isn't service provider anymore but BB offer it for the balance of the year warranty.

What's the procedure to send my phone to BB in order to have it checked and repair under warranty if apply or pay for the repair fees if problem was caused by a abusive usage like a drop on the floor?

Someone know which antenna shall have been damaged and can be bough myself on ebay or somewhere else?

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to have my BB be repaired under warranty in Canada, Montreal area?

warranty is done at place of purchase whcih is usually your carrier

looks like you might need a new mother board and that is not cheap at repair places

I would try a new SIM card first and if that dont work it might be time for a new one

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9810
My Carrier: Videotron

Re: How to have my BB be repaired under warranty in Canada, Montreal area?

It"s almost new...4 months and as written, having bought it à $250.00 second hand insyead of $600.00 new, the carrier doesn't accept to transfert the year warranty but told I still have a warranty but from BB. The problem is if my carrier will send it to BB repair office, it will come back in one month and won't borrow me a replacement one during that time because I don't have a warranty with the carrier. The carrier usually check the problem and change your phone immediately without any delay if their technical service confirm the phone is defective.

It's a 80% chance to have a problem with the antenna but of course, i wil ltry to change the SIM card first...