Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: O2

How to identify mis-behaving startup app?

I've probably changed something but for the life of me don't know what. When booting up my Bold 9780 I get an error message informing me that an app "!" is terminating because it has been denied email permissions. The only problem is that I don't know which app is doing this. Is ther any way to catch this? And, shouldn't RIM insist on certain standards when accepting an app for the app store - like it identifying itself in error messages?

Any bright ideas would be appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to identify mis-behaving startup app?

Hi fatzDomingo

It is not easy to guess which application is causing this error , But you can do that , On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > On that screen highlight an application > Press the menu key then Edit Permission >  Beside User Data = make sure it is set to Allow , or press the menu key > Expand > then scroll down to Email and check if it is set to Allow ,

In this way you may have to check each application that you have on your device to know which application is causing this error during startup.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.