Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Globe

How to know if Blackberry Curve (9220) is working properly

Hi! Just like what the subject says. Im a new BB user and would like to know some ways on how to check if my BB is working as it should. What are the DO's and DONT's for my phone. Ways on how to make it work properly (like giving it good performance and extending battery life). And what are some APPS that you can recommend that would greatly help in making work much better or give a great BB experience. Thank you!Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to know if Blackberry Curve (9220) is working properly

If you see the BlackBerry dots logo on the homescreen upper right near your signal, it should be connected to your BlackBerry data services and working properly. Also, On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status. What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service? If that's connected via mobile network or WiFi, you're good.

Do's and Don'ts. Don't drop it. Don't get it wet. Don't leave in moist humid environments like a bathroom during a hot steamy shower or bath - or just never around liquids. Don't let it drain to ~10% constantly, that kills the battery quicker.

Do charge it or top off the charge when you can , even ten minutes during the middle of the day will give that extra hour or so you need at the end of the day. Do buy an extra charger and/or battery.

Article ID: KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Do use the search feature here. Lots of good threads at the top of many of forum which are stickied at the top for a reason.

Apps? BeWeather is a great weather app. There are too many to mention. Ask any specific type apps you want.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I cant see what you mean about the BlackBerry dots logo on the home screen. All I can see there is the signal icon. If I use my data service is see a word "EDGE"  near the signal logo. If I use the Wifi I see the Wifi logo near or at the bottom of the data service signal.

It says mobile network. Im using data service. Under the "Mobile Voice" there what says Phone number: Unknown Number. What is that?

Specific apps that can tell me that my BB is working OK. I read about this Tiny Meter where I can see battery status, battery discharge(what does it mean by battery discharge?) I have seen a feature on my BB before I updated to latest OS where you can do some diagnostic/troubleshooting on it. I forgot where to find or it might have simply disappeared. 

Installing APPS will not do anything bad to my BB right?

When I check for running APPS on the background I can see Home, BBM, Phone, Messages adnd Browser. I cant close them.

Sorry for asking too many questions. Im helpless...

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha B - Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Ooredoo

if it shows 'EDGE' instead of 'edge' , then it works properly Smiley Wink
download BlackBerry Protect to back up data and contacts, 
and for the BBM, Browser, Home screen.. runing apps ! you can't close them, I mean even if you close your browser it will be always there on the background, kind of a shortcut maybe.. it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a runing app Smiley Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. If any post helps you please thumb's up below .
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post Solution which solved it for you !!
New Contributor

Will installing APPS not do any bad things on BB?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jjjaplenos wrote:

Will installing APPS not do any bad things on BB?

In general, no, installing apps will not do bad things.

Just don't install to many to fill up your DEVICE memory. On the 9220, you will want to see at Options > Status about 50-75mb FILE FREE after rebooting your device.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha B - Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Ooredoo

of course not, but you can always take a look at the users comment before installing a new app ! it will helps you to avoid downloading useless apps !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. If any post helps you please thumb's up below .
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post Solution which solved it for you !!