Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

How to open 3rd party app that appears in options but not applications folder on menu?

I have a new 8530, with a 2G memory card, and Verizon Wireless (if that matters). I downloaded a trial version of a 3rd-party app for geocaching (CacheBerry), using Desktop Manager for Macs application process. The app doesn't appear in the main menu's application folder, but if I go into options>applications, it's listed there. However, I can't figure out how to open it - all I see are delete or edit permissions, and app properties. Any help for a newbie here?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to open 3rd party app that appears in options but not applications folder on menu?

Aha! Found it in Downloads and was able to open from there. I don't know why some apps go to downloads and others go to applications folder, but I was able to move it to a more intuitive folder, too. 

Solved Woman Very Happy

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: How to open 3rd party app that appears in options but not applications folder on menu?

ss1013 wrote:

I don't know why some apps go to downloads and others go to applications folder

this is a setting the developper chooses when they create the application. Some applications go directly in the "Instant Messenger" folder.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: