Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: t mobile

Re: How to open BB .ipd file on computer

I downloaded magicberry but its not coming out in english when i try to read my messages! it will open in english when i click the goobldygook but thats not that good, help Smiley Sad

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You may need to clarify what you're doing, and if you need help with MagicBerry, you might turn to them for documentation and support.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: bb9900
My Carrier: 4167860840

i download it, an i was able to see my text messgae, contacts, i just wasnt able to bck my bb contact it wouldnt show me that info, but my friend brother had just die an i couldnt find his number, this help me out alot bro thank you so muchSmiley Happy

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're welcome.

Another choice for this is:

The IPD Parse macro is designed to read a Blackberry IPD file and create reports in MSWord or MSExcel. It is free, and you can find out more here: https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse/home

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

I am looking to make a large word document of all the texts in my ipd file so i looked at magicberry but the file never opens just keeps showing the status bar. I think maybe the ipd is too large for magicberry? There is 50k sms so i think this is the problem. I looked at the macro and dont understand how to get that working. Has anyone tried anything different, or maybe has solution to magicberry failure? thanks

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi

I have a blackberry 9780, i recetly bought an android and followed some steps on the internet trying to export my contacts to android, unfortunately in the process wiped out everthing on my BB, when i am trying to restore the back up it says that there is some error, could you please help me retrieve all my contacts, if it could be made vailable in some format for me to export to andoid, will be much much helpful

Thanks

Dev

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Hello dev ... Regarding extracting contacts and exporting to android, please send me a private message on this forum. I can help you........ Mike
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ssmdev wrote:

Hi

I have a blackberry 9780, i recetly bought an android and followed some steps on the internet trying to export my contacts to android, unfortunately in the process wiped out everthing on my BB, when i am trying to restore the back up it says that there is some error, could you please help me retrieve all my contacts, if it could be made vailable in some format for me to export to andoid, will be much much helpful

Thanks

Dev

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please provide the exact and complete error message...from merely "some error", we cannot begin to guess anything useful. Note that if you are attempting to use that ipd file with anything other than the native BlackBerry Desktop Software, then errors are quite likely -- that file is of a proprietary format, and is only usable by the app that created it. Any other use requires 3rd party tools. There are several 3rd party (free) apps available for PC that can extract the data and present it in human readable format, which you can then do whatever you need to do so as to get them into your Android. A few seconds with Google and I'm sure you can find an adequate (free) ipd reader app for your PC.

Note that, once you get the data onto your PC in some usable format, then it's up to other tools (e.g., Android-provided tools) to go to the next step.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi Mike

Thank you so much for your offer to help. kindly advise me on your email id, will communicate by mail.

Cheers

Dev

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Dev: Forum rules prevent me from posting my email on the public forum. Please send me a Private Message on this forum and I'll contact you. Mike