Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to read PDF files ?

I have copied a pdf file to my media card which I would like to read.

How can I read PDF files with my BB storm ? Do i need to download any software ?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: How to read PDF files ?

Yes you're right...you need to have a 3rd part application for reading that.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

To add, the standard version of the ToGo apps that comes with the Storm does not include the PDF interface. Their premium version does. There are also other alternatives...I'd suggest googling for those.

Another alternative is to send the PDF to yourself as an attachment to an email that you are receiving on the BB...the BIS attachment service gives you the ability to read PDF's, but only while they are truly an email attachment.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

As to other applications you can look at (the Premium version of Documents to Go is quite pricey), take a look at Beam Reader.  I tested this application out and it's pretty useful and does the job you need it to do for a lot less money (still not cheap, but it's at least a more affordable option).

The other alternative is to run a trial version of Documents to Go Premium.  You can do this by opening Word to Go, press the BB menu button and select to Try Premium.  This will give you a 30 day trial.  Near the end of the 30 day trial, you'll likely also be able to get an offer to purchase Docs To Go Premium for less than half price ($29.99 US).  If you'd like the ability to create documents and spreadsheets, etc on your Storm, this may then be a worthwhile expense.

I hope these suggestions help!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: Not Specified

Hi there!

Last week i got my Storm and also had that ´problem'.

Try beam reader on google