Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Idea cellular
Accepted Solution

How to recover BBM contacts

Hi,

I was reinstalling the 'Burp' application from app world when suddenly at the end of download the phone restarted and went into a reboot loop. I reinstalled the BB OS  6.0 Bundle 3155(v6.0.0.747) which i had already installed on my 9800.

The OS is installed fine. But I lost all my BBM contacts and BBM Groups. And also the os has installed the BBM 5.0.2.12 whereas I had already updated to BBM 7 earlier before the reboot cycle started. Also the APP world is on version 2.1.1.2 and earlier I had the latest version updated. Can any one help for the following,

1. Recovering the BBM 7 and all the contacts and groups.

2. How do I upgrade the App World?.

Thanks in Advance,

B.D.Badan

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to recover BBM contacts

Hello balubadan

First I would prefer you should  update your app world version , for that from your BlackBerry Browser browse or click here http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download version 4.0.0.55 . After Installing perform a battery pull restart. 

Once it done you may update your BBM, for that from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm to install BBM 7. Once it is done after reboot you have to enter your BlackBerry ID to integrate BBM7 with your BlackBerry ID. Login with your BlackBerry ID it will restore your BBM Contacts back , because this newer version of BBM contacts are stored with our BlackBerry ID.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Idea cellular

Hi Prince,

Thanks for your reply. Will try and update.

Regards,

B.D.Badan

Elite II

Hi balubadan

One point that I missed on my previous post , After updating your App World version, perform a reboot as stated then Open App World you may be asked for update your BlackBerry ID software, So before updating BBM first  update your BlackBerry ID software . 

Good luck

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Visitor
My Device: 9800 torch n/a
My Carrier: EE

Hi all.  I used to have a blackberry torch 9800. I went through 4 handsets within the 24 month contract, down to hardware issue. To this point i was fed up and i got a early upgrade to the iphone 4.  I've now just installed the bbm messenger on the iphone and had to sign up with a new account due to not remembering which e-mail account(s) i used to sign up on my bb. I was wondering if its possible to have my 4 bbm pins linked to my latest one as i do have a few old friends that ive lost contact with due to the upgrade.

I do have the pins at had but unable to pin the e-mail address to each one :/

Cheers for your help,

Danny.

Elite II

buckemdano wrote:

Hi all.  I used to have a blackberry torch 9800. I went through 4 handsets within the 24 month contract, down to hardware issue. To this point i was fed up and i got a early upgrade to the iphone 4.  I've now just installed the bbm messenger on the iphone and had to sign up with a new account due to not remembering which e-mail account(s) i used to sign up on my bb. I was wondering if its possible to have my 4 bbm pins linked to my latest one as i do have a few old friends that ive lost contact with due to the upgrade.

I do have the pins at had but unable to pin the e-mail address to each one :/

Hi buckemdano

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please create a new BlackBerry ID using a different email account for you iphone , it will be offer a seperate PIN for your iphone which you can use . Your BlackBerry PIN will not work .