Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

How to regain access to your BBID

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB24157 BlackBerry ID lockout behavior
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account, even without the password or recovery question (please read them all carefully to find the section that applies to you).

As a last automated resort, and only if you have the original email you received when you originally created your BBID (it cannot be regenerated), then it should contain a link to actually now destroy your BBID. Then, you create a new BBID, but using the exact same credentials (username, email address), and it is supposed to relink all of your prior BBWorld records (purchases, downloads) and allow you to continue on.

However, if you do not have access to that email account, or if you never properly validated your BBID account, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:

1. If you have no AppWorld records, BBM Contacts, etc. that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  2. But, if you do have AppWorld records, BBM Contacts, etc. that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to regain access to your BBID

[ Edited ]

Thank you, now I can direct users to read all the info on hereSmiley Very Happy

My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

You are welcome, my friend! I realized I was posting it so much that it was just time to make it a public sticky. And, actually with your help (unknown to you, I think!!) in a different thread somewhere, I made a slight modification before posting this way, so it's now actually more accurate than it was before. Thanks!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 9320
My Carrier: Talk Talk

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I have now reset the handset to factory settings and created a new blackberry ID.

Best wishes!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Kerrisha

This still doesnt help me
Hall of Famer III

Kerrisha wrote:
This still doesnt help me

Hello,

Based merely on those words (which is all we can see), then there are no more guesses to make...that first post contains a wealth of information by which to recover access to a BBID from a variety of situations. So, if you can provide details, we might be able to help you figure out what is going on and hopefully find a solution. But, from merely those words, there is nothing further to guess.

Thanks and let us know!

New Contributor

So as i told you in my first post i dont understand but i can go on my fone only if soneone calls me and what does out of the box experience how can i delete my bbid and make a new one
Hall of Famer III

Kerrisha wrote:
So as i told you in my first post

I'm sorry...I can only go by what is in this thread...I make too many posts per day to be able to recall if we were chatting in a different thread...sorry...

Kerrisha wrote:
i can go on my fone only if soneone calls me

Can you describe that more fully? I don't quite understand the issue there.

Kerrisha wrote:
what does out of the box experience

Brand new, as if it were never used by anyone before. Such is attained by various WIPE methods available.

Kerrisha wrote:
how can i delete my bbid and make a new one

Well, that is fully documented within the first post above in this thread...

New Contributor

I cant access my fone at all because i have to type in the bbid but it keeps on saying enter the username associated with this smartphone but when someone calls me i can go on my fone like to text and to go on bbm but when someone ends the call the screen goes back to where i have to enter my bbid
Hall of Famer III

Kerrisha wrote:
i have to type in the bbid but it keeps on saying enter the username associated with this smartphone

That message is the key bit of important information to understanding your situation.

Your BB is presently associated with a BBID. If that BBID is not yours (e.g., you don't know the id/password credentials), then you need to WIPE your device in order to create a new BBID and associate your BB to it (as discussed above in post 1 of this thread). The WIPE will be totally destructive...so if your BB contains anything you wish to retain, you should first conduct a proper backup (for which you can find instructions via the link in my auto-sig on this post) so that you can restore afterwards...you may want to do only a selective restore rather than a full one, so as to not re-introduce anything that might be causal to your issues.

The reason you can make calls and do SMS is that those are not BB-proprietary services and do not require access to any of the BB infrastructure...but, to do other things, you do need access to that infrastructure, which is provide via your BBID as well as your BIS account from your mobile service provider.

Good luck!