Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G (9100)
My Carrier: Videotron
Accepted Solution

How-to reinstall BB Maps

Hello There!

I'm mad and confused right now.

I'm using a Pearl 3G 9100 with Videotron as a carrier.

I Uninstall BB maps by mistake using the Desktop software on my MAC.... without backing up anything Smiley Sad

I then went back in the Desktop software to reinstall it but it disapeared completely from the list.

I tried downloading it from my blackberry but im using version 5.xx.xx which make my system not meeting the requirement for installation since I needed 4.1 or 4.2 version of blackberry..

Then I though fine let's do it the hard way and reinstall the entire o/s on the phone... went on the blackberry carrier list and uhoh Videotron was not even there Smiley Sad Videotron started sellin 3g since last friday...

So now I'm stuck I can not reinstall BB maps.... neither the O/S...

Please help me this is my first BB

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How-to reinstall BB Maps

You should be able to download from your BlackBerry browser, check out this link here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/blackberry_maps.jsp

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply... I tried this alternative allthough this will only accept to install on version 4.1 and 4.2 Smiley Sad

New Contributor

I'm running into another issue as well now... When I try to setup email account... under setup - email setting... no menu will appear Smiley Sad my email setup disapeared from my BB I guess Smiley Sad as well as BB maps.

I'm not feeling to good I just bought the phonoe Smiley Sad hard way learning I guess Smiley Sad

CgodmerG wrote:

Thanks for the reply... I tried this alternative allthough this will only accept to install on version 4.1 and 4.2 Smiley Sad

It will install to later OS released.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

CgodmerG wrote:

I'm running into another issue as well now... When I try to setup email account... under setup - email setting... no menu will appear Smiley Sad my email setup disapeared from my BB I guess Smiley Sad as well as BB maps.

I'm not feeling to good I just bought the phonoe Smiley Sad hard way learning I guess Smiley Sad

Ah, now that's a different problem. Sounds like you lost your service books.

Both email set and BlackBerr Maps is enabled by a service book pushed by your service provider...

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks again...

The thing is that I am able to receive email... allthough I'm not able to access the menu in stings - email settings... its acting like an icon only with no menu linked to it....

The other thing regarding your last email is that my service provider is not list in the list..... my provider for canada is Videotron...

I'm dying to install a fresh O/S on my blackberry to start new.....

I seems to be the only way to fix the email and BB maps issue... allthough I can find the file to download since provider is not listed Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad 

Login here:

http://videotron.blackberry.com/

Click the HELP link and send service books, as well as following the other instructions I posted above.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I did every step... and once completed... i did a restart by removing the battery for a few second... but The email setting icon still as no reaction...

You found the videotron link to setup emails... is there any place to get the o/s for MAC... I'm bringing this around agin since there seems to be no other way... 

I tried to download BB maps from BB navigator... I resent service to carrier... restarted phone...

Tell me if I'm giving up to fast... I'm not used to this

New Contributor

... Smiley Sad awww