Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Re: How to remove applications completely?

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

i have installed an app that i paid £2 for. i want to completely remove it so i dont have to pay for it anymore. someone please tell me how to permantly remove the application.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

niall99999 wrote:

i have installed an app that i paid £2 for. i want to completely remove it so i dont have to pay for it anymore. someone please tell me how to permantly remove the application.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The primary discussion above had to do with those pesky "teaser" icons and apps that the carriers push out to their users. What you are asking about would indeed be separate from that and you should be able to accomplish it. But first, some clarifications.

Typically, the price you pay is a one-time license agreement granting you the ability to use the application...as such, there is no "pay for it anymore" aspect. The exception is apps that have a recurring cost associated with them -- subscription to paid magazine content, etc. To stop those charges, you must look into the app and the developer and see how you arrange directly with them to cancel your subscription and cease their charges to you. But, you likely will never recoup the original license cost...typically, those 1-time costs are non-refundable.

With that, refer to this KB:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

That will provide you the ability to remove the app completely from your BB. Note, however, that if you purchased the original license via AppWorld, your purchase record will remain and it will show, inside of AW, in the "Uninstalled" section. No matter what, if you indeed have an app that involves recurring charges, you need to separately contact the app developer to find out how you can unsubscribe and cease the charges.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

First locate JavaLoader.exe in:

JDE installation folder's bin directory.. e.g.

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 6.0.0\bin

Connect hand held with usb cable.

Type in command prompt:

JavaLoader -u erase -f xyz

xyz is the modulename you want to delete.

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi! Will any of u help how to bring "Wizard" folder back on my curve8520. I v deleted it accidentally.
Elite II
My Device: Curve

manojjhaenglishtrainer wrote:
Hi! Will any of u help how to bring "Wizard" folder back on my curve8520. I v deleted it accidentally.

Hi manojjhaenglishtrainer

Welcome to Support Forums

Which Wizard folder you're referring ! Can you explain it .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Hi! I m talking about "Set up Wizard" folder that is integrated in the phone.
Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

What are you trying to setup?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I am trying to set up. e -mail address as I have done software upload. Previously,error523 was popping up.
Contributor

Sorry! It is" Setup" folder.