Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold-9700
My Carrier: masalan

How to reset BB to Factory Default

Dear Friends...

I am new to this forum but i need help to solve the problem that due to some problem and too much to explain including to consider to sell this BB . I need to take back this BB setting to original one from Factory ( Factory default ). Can i have simple advise how to do ?  You might have already discussed abou this but if you don't mind please share again with me ...

P.S : I read Blackberry Technical solution about this and there is some instruction but i read condition that we need to Isntall BB Desktop Manager 4.7 to 5.0 SP1 ( My desktop is 4.3 ) and smartphone must be running BB device software 4.3 to 5.0 ( I have no problem with this my Onyx 9700 running on 5.0 ). should i download and re-new the Desktop series to 4.7 to 5.0 ?

Thanks & Regards

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to reset BB to Factory Default

Hello,

Here is the KB that is specific to your need.

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling, or after buying, a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Please follow it and, if you have any questions, reference the specific step within the KB so that we can target our response.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................