Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: 02

How to retrieve deleted data -blackberry 9360

[ Edited ]

deleted blackberry desk top manager by mistake from my laptop.I have lost all my backup data.Any suggestions how to retrieve that info.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to retrieve deleted data -blackberry 9360

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

A very odd result...removing the app should not touch the actual backup files, unless perhaps you allowed the backup files to store in the same folders on your computer as the app itself (bad practice under any circumstances).

As with anything deleted, restoration depends on having a source. If you were backing up your computer, then your source should be there. Depending on the method the backup files were deleted with, they may be in the computer Recycle Bin. Depending on how long it's been since you deleted the files, you may be able to procure some file recovery software for your computer (be quick...the longer you wait, the more likely the files cannot be recovered).

Basically, this is a computer problem...not a BB problem.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Online shops

Re: How to retrieve deleted data -blackberry 9360

Have you restored all your deleted files back?

In fact, the deleted data on a hard drive or memory card is not actually erased immediately after the deletion. It is only the space used to save the deleted data that is marked as “available space” for new data. That’s to say, your deleted data is still there as long as you’ve not saved anything new on the same drive or memory card.

Are you sure you’ve not written anything new?

If so, you would select an efficient data recovery tool to retrieve it back. Google “data recovery tool” on the internet and opt for a proper one according to your own needs.

If you want to have much more security of complete data recovery, you could pay for a data recovery utility or data recovery service online.

If you don’t want to spend your money in data recovery stuff any longer, don’t worry, you also could try some drive data recovery freeware, such as Recuva, iCare Data Recovery Free and TestDisk, etc.

It’s all up to you.

Edit: In case of similar problems, you should be much careful about your important data and always remember to back it up on separate locations.